Monday, November 2, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Any how he's tryna jip me outta 2 weeks of vactaion time. This time is
owed to me becasue i didn't go home for 2 weeks in between my renewal. I was supposed to be able to just take the time offthis winter.. where we all know there is not shit to do at school but look at the walls.
ARGH.. if I don't get the time.. i'm simply gonna leave mid contract which is Dec 8. Plenty of time to go home and find a boo before christmas. Maybe get married to my childhood sweetheart (wink). Make up some lost time with friends and family. And enjoy being an american whilst all the haters continue in there adoration of.... Shit I welcome contracting swine flu so long as it's on US soil..
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
I know he's better off but i will miss him more than anyone can ever realize.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
I'm spliting my weeks between 3 schools.
Friday, May 29, 2009
Bank information for donation transfers (this goes into his hospital account) The name is in Koreanaccount #:481-007433-01-011Bank: IBKIf you are not in Korea, you will need the following:Swift code: IBKOKRSEHospital: Soonchun Hyang University Hospital.Matt Robinson is an American ex-pat who has been teaching in Korea for about 3 years. Recently, due to conflicting medications and gangrene from a previous surgery, he almost died. He was taken to a hospital in Haebonchan where he is in pain, awaiting the surgery he needs. This hospital is threatening him. They are saying that if he does not give them 10 million won by tomorrow, they will kick him out without the surgery. This means that he will most likely need an amputation or (worse yet) he will die. He has no means to go home, nor is he physically able to get on a plane. I know that the ex-pat community in Korea is very strong. I also know that if this same thing happened to any one of you, we would all rise up. Please do not ignore this and think that other people will take care of it. This group is a last resort. Please act quickly, even if you can only give 1,000 won. There are a lot of people on facebook. If everyone gave that, he could get the surgery he needs. Many of you know Matt from his improv group that performs in Itaewon. I have known him for 8 years. He is a beautiful and funny person with a wonderful spirit. Please do not let this happen to him.You can help by contacting him at 01072645447. Or, you can contact me (Sara Moore) or Lydia Cooper, who is an officer of this group. Anything you can do will help - Even if it’s just passing on the information
Friday, May 22, 2009
Sinmoongo(a Big Drum), the system of handling complaints against
the government during the Joseon Dynasty, was the first step towards
giving the people a say in government affairs.
Driven by our ancestors' lofty ideals, Sinmoongo is reborn
as “e-People“ by integrating all channels of administrative
organization to the people to upgrade the whole function
of administrative judgment and corruption
reporting as well as petition, proposal and policy
e-People, available everywhere in the world, will take the lead to make a new face of Korea by resolving even trivial complaints after listening closely to the voices of the people and accepting their creative ideas positively.
Number the corners from 1 to 4 and assign an English vocabulary word to each number. Select one student to be "It." That person closes his or her eyes while the rest of the students go to one of corners in the classroom. When all students are settled in a corner, It calls out a number. All the kids who chose the corner with that number are out of the game and must sit down. It closes his or her eyes again, calls out a number or word, and more students sit down. When the game gets down to 4 people or fewer, each must choose a different corner. If It calls out a corner where nobody is standing, It must choose again. The game continues until only one student is left. That student becomes It.
Restaurant: Making a Smoothie or Shake
3-4 large strawberries (top sliced off)
2 cups milk
1/4 cup of yogurt (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
5 ice cubes
Combine all ingredients except sugar in blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add sugar. Enjoy!
Big Hall: Four Corners
Popping Idea: learn to spell the colors- color word unscramble
Project a color by numbers picture on to the white board. Issue multicolor markers. Students must make 2 teams and go back an forth coloring in the number assigned to a color. Ex: One –red twenty-five-blue five-black
Library Noise Maker Story book
Assign a sound or action or picture to hold up....with several words. Practice. Read a simple story containing the words. Pause after saying each special word so the students can insert sound action of picture appropriately.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Maybe after 40 these guys get bain damaged form soju or makali... but one things is for sure. They lose their damn minds!
Monday, May 11, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
I can't believe these guys have done it again- freakin genius!!
My Bday was great.. better than I expected. I guess it doesn't hurt that i partied for 3 days straight. I'm soo tired it's not even funny. I'm so thankful that i had so many people so crunk and disorderly around me- kept my mind off of all the drama that's been afloat. I just wanna get back to living life, and loving it.
Sidenote: Everything just seems to be a little better when you're with someone...
Thursday, May 7, 2009
1. Many teachers are hired and work for months without visas. These teachers are paid through other teachers accounts
2. The school often obligates us to work overtime without extra pay.
3. School obligates us to work extra English camps during vacation time. We are paid extra- however the rate of pay is changed drastically and without warning. usually after the camps are over
4. The school obligates teachers to attend impromptu dinners and noraebangs after school hours which last 6-8 hours.
5. School principal openly sexually harasses and man handles female teachers while drunk at said dinners and noraebangs.
6. The school does not recognize the contractual 15 paid sick days in our contracts. Teachers are hassled while sick and forced to come in anyways.
7. I am eligible for a pay grade for a EPIK GET level 2. However I was threatened into signing a contract that says GET 3. After many discussions- my pay grade level went up to level 2. However the contract says level 3. I've complained but was told it's a non issue. Now( after 10 months) the school is claiming overpayment: they are lowering my salary and taking my severance pay to compensate.
8. I requested a meeting with my school board where I discussed concerns about contracts, teaching hours, and teachers health. Afterwards, I actually ended up in the hospital for 4 days. Due to this I am being asked to non resign at my school. However it's been our understanding that i would resign since January; therefore I am not prepared for a move or another job search.
9. I've requested meeting with my principal and City board of Education- however, they are friends and are both refusing a face to face meeting, refusing all calls, and not responding to emails.
10.My principal wants me to write a letter stating that I don't want to resign. When I refused I was threatened with a poor reference and possible black listing for my particular town.
11. Our school is a center that operates with 8 teachers. We are losing 4 teachers in one month. There are no other teachers to take our spots. 2 of the teachers happen to be Caucasian and they have been written and formally asked to resign, however myself and the only other African American teacher want to resign and are being rejected. My co teacher informs me that the principal would like more Caucasian teachers for better image.
12. I secured a new job to go to .. however my principal called and got my offer withdrawn.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Hello (or Goodbye) sawatdee
Excuse me kha-tot
Thank you khawp khoon
It doesn't matter /
No problem my pen rai
What's your name? khoon chu arai
My name is ... [men:] phom chu ...
[women:] deechan chu ...
I come from ... [men:] phom ma jack ...
[women:] deechan ma jack ...
I don't understand my khao jai
Thursday, January 15, 2009
ake a Taxi to Southern (route) Bus Terminal (about 25 km from Bangkok city center, cost $110-$160 B). Take Bus #78, $64 B. The trip takes about 2 hours. Get off at Damnern Saduak. Do not get suck in by the boat tour operator at the bus station. They want "Standard" price of $1000 B for one hour long tail boat tour. Instead, walk outside the parking lot and turn left to town. A short 10 - 15 minutes walk and you will arrive at the bridge over looking the floating market. You can then hire a non-motor boat tour for $100 - $200 B at the floating market.
· Directions: About 2 hours by bus outside Bangkok city center
· Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chao Pharaya River
The Chao Pharaya River plays many roles in Thai life and in fact it is regarded as the principle artery of the nation! Much of Thai history can be traced along the banks of the Chao Phraya River. As it flows, the river carries with it the history and culture of the country. You can take the boar ride/service which takes you to all the 9 piers providing access to Bangkok's most famous attractions. Like the Rattanakosin Island Historic Area which was settled during the Thonburi and Rattanakosin eras. Old temples, palaecs and communities along the river banks tells us the livelihood of the poeple and had led to the birth of civilisation.
· Phone: 66 2623 6001-3
· Directions: Take BTS Skytrain and alight at Saphan Taksin Station. Less than 10 minutes walk to The Chao Phraya Tourists Bost service. Operating hours: 0930 to 1500 hrs. Price: 75 baht - One day river pass unlimted ride.
· Website: www.chaophrayaboat.com
· Other Contact: email: email@example.com
Wat Pho or wat pha= pamling reading!
· Address: Tha Tien Pier, Chao Phraya River, Bangkok
· Directions: The entrance to Wat Pho is on Chetuphon road. Entrance is 20B. It's open every day, opening hours are from 08.00am to 5.00pm, with a break from 12.00pm to 1.00pm.
Grand Palace / Wat Phra Kaew: Emerald Buhda
Open to the public everyday, except during special Royal Ceremonies, from 8.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m.Admission Fee: Baht 250, and includes admission to Wat Phra Kaew, The Royal Thai Decorations & Coins Pavilion in the same compound and to Vimanmek Mansion Museum on Ratchawithi Road. Additional Baht 100 for rental personal audio guide in various languages.Visitors are required to dress appropriately. 1. No shorts, tights, mini & short skirts & tight fitting trousers as outer garments.2. No see-through shirts and blouses, culottes or quarter length trousers.3. No sleeveless shirts or vests as outer garments.4. No sandals (without ankle or heel straps).5. All shirt sleeves, whether long or short, can not be rolled up.6. No sweat shirts & pants, wind-cheaters, pajamas and fisherman trousers.
Leave a Comment
· Address: Maharaj Pier, Chao Phraya, Bangkok
· Phone: 0 2623 5500
· Directions: How to get there: - BTS Skytrain to Taksin Station. From here take a Chao Phraya River Express boat to Tha Chang Wang Luang Pier. It is a short walk from the pier to the entrance to The Grand Palace public entrance. - Or you can just take a taxi.
Chatuchak Weekend Market
· Address: Mo Chit Station, Bangkok
· Directions: Simply take the Skytrain to the end terminal called Morchit which is exactly where the market is located. Taxi from Chinatown is roughly 150Bt.
· Address: Ratchawongsi Pier, Chao Phraya River Tour, Bangkok
· Directions: To view typical China Town scences straight ahead to Ratchawongsi Road until the intersection of Yaowarat Road.
Patpong- club tiger show
· Theme: Adult Spot
· Directions: You can take a cab there, though traffic can be very slow on weekends evenings. Or u can take the BTS Train to Saladeng Station. You won't miss Patpong, once you are off the train, you can hear the Thai Music. Just Follow the music and the crowd.
Bedsupperclub : lay down and eat a mean then a surprise show
· Address: Sukhumvit Soi 11
· Phone: +66 (0)2 651 3537
· Directions: Take a skytrain to Nana station. Bed is located in Soi 11 you can take motorbike for 10 Baht but anyway it's not so far, walkable.
· Website: http://www.bedsupperclub.com
MISS PUKE Thai Traditional Massage Parlor
Miss Puke is located at 410/5 Siam Square, banke Param 1, Pathumwan District, Bangkok (in front of Novotel hotel)
· 662 251 -6591
· Website: www.misspuke.net
Phone: (02) 6415913, 7508452, 5525463
· Phone: 034 531 557
· Website: : http://www.tigertemple.com/Eng/index.htm
· Other Contact: webmaster@TigerTemple.org
Located in the south of the island, Na Tian Butterfly Garden is a kaleidoscope of colour provided by hundreds of spectacular butterflies.
Na Muang Waterfalls
water is always icy cold, so it's perfect for a hot day. A gentle walk 10 minutes further up the mountain leads you to Samui's most beautiful waterfall, Na Muang 2. Na Muang waterfalls are easily accessible from the main ring road between Nathon and Lamai and are well signposted. Elephant trekking is also available at the Nu Muang waterfalls. Route 4169, Between Nathon and HuaThanon.
River Kwai with Elephant Safari & Bamboo Rafting Tour, This fullday tour includes visit of Saiyok Elephant Camp (near Wang Po) to see elephant show, followed by a 30 minutes of elephant riding and 40 minutes on bamboo rafting along the Kwai Noi River. After lunch at a local restaurant in Wang Po, take a short ride on the original Death Railways passing over a very long wooden viaduct among sheer cliffs. Short stops at the River Kwai Bridge and War Cemetery before travelling back to Bangkok
DestinationTour TypeDurationAvailableTour RatingTrip Grade
: Thailand (Bangkok): Join-In : 07.00 AM - 17.00 PM: M, Tu, W, Th, F, Sa, Su: : Moderate
Ghost walk buildings
Sawasdee Sea View Pattaya Hotel, Pattaya
Pattaya Fish Spa
Visit and try fish spa, the first fish therapy in Thailand. Letting up to a thousand fish nibble at your feet or hand may initially sound like a crazy idea, but fish therapy, a novel spa treatment that originate with the Garra Rufa or Doctor fish in Turkey and has since gained acceptance in many countries. Fishmania Spa, the unique and fun therapy is now available in Pattaya/Jomtien area located on Phatamnak 4 road (same soi with Asia Hotel).Fun is important, and unlike some spas where there is a sombre atmosphere, when anyone first puts their feet (or hands) in amongst the fish, there is laughter. Within the treatment room, there is a bath (tank) with seating around it, so that up to eight people can enjoy their feet being nibbled by up to a thousand fish at any one time.There are also smaller tanks with fewer fish, suitable for hand or single treatment. The sensation of the nibbling is very pleasant, a cross between being tickled and air being bubbled on your feet. This is the new place and new spa trend that you must try when you in town.
you are looking for some nightlife in Pattaya, you might try the show at Angelwitch (Soi 15 off Walking Street). The show starts at 10 PM every night and is continuous until 1 or 2 AM. There is no cover charge, but drinks are expensive compared to tarriffs in local gogo bars. Basically, Angelwitch features an "R" rated dance and theatrical production with Pattaya's largest cast of attractive ladies in and out of elaborate, sexy costumes. The show is tame enough for a couple on a date, and "adult" enough to captivate jaded stripclub veterans.
Tiffany's Show: Tiffany's Ladyboy Show
Tiffany's Show was an all ladyboy cabaret show. It was very "Vegas" but all the women were actually guys. It is strange because many of them are actually pretty. It was very fun and was actually a very classy event. The show is world famous and worth seeing but it is kind of long. After the show, the ladyboys come outside for pictures.
Leave a Comment
· Address: 78/14 Pattaya 2nd Road., Pattaya City, 20260
· Phone: (66) 0-3841~0224-7
· Website: http://www.tiffany-show.co.th/intro.htm
Calypso Bangkok Entertainment
Calypso Bangkok Entertainment Co.,Ltd. Property Highlight :
17 years ago by now , 1987 , we decided
Calypso Bangkok Entertainment Co.,Ltd. Rates :
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
I've started hanging out armed in group think memnatlity. Courtney, Myself, and Jovianna- the new edition to the journey to Korea. Extremely cool chick who's coming to THAILAND as well.
Booking tickets and hotels has been rough but it's becoming obvious that there is a good time to be had in thailand. We're going to be in the BANGKOK area.
Much more to come..pretty soon my year will be over although I'm 95 % sure that i'm going to resign at the same place.. if they wanna keep me.